Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Week Gone Vegetarian: Veggie Smoothie


Okay, so this is really just the green smoothie you've all heard about (.. or haven't?). Don't let the greenness gross you out, it's really good! Really! Take it from one who finds it really hard to eat enough vegetables. It actually took me a long time to mound up enough courage to actually try it, but once I did I was a believer (so is Ben)! You can add in whatever green thing you want (kale, broccoli, spinach, lettuce..), some handfuls of fruit and you're good! Plus, I just love smoothies; I think they're a great idea for busy people like me. Aaand you can add in proteins of your choice; be it yogurt, a protein powder or even almonds. Yes almonds. I once made a smoothie using an almond + frozen banana paste that was yum-ee. I'll have to find that & post it sometime this week. I was attempting to recreate this amazing vegan drink I had at a farmer's market in LA from this place that only sold in the local farmer's markets there :{. Anyway. Don't knock this green smoothie till you try it! Drinking your veggies is just as good (if not better + easier) than eating them.

• Serves 2 •
these aren't exact measurements, so adjust as needed

2 cups torn kale
1 cup cold water
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup frozen peach slices
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup orange or apple juice (or an orange/apple, sans seeds)

Blend until smooth & enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment