Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Farewell February


What better way to start afresh than plant some seeds. Which is exactly what I did today. I've been anticipating what to plant since our mid-south move last September, especially now that we live in a warmer climate. And felt overwhelmed with the plethora of options at the garden center Sunday. So this morning I planted basil, tomato, cilantro, romaine, spinach, broccoli and chives (among others), as well as blueberries–which I am most excited about because I have wanted to grow them every year for the past two years.









Also, as promised, here are some photos of past Valentines to my beloved. It's an accordion book I made enclosing 3 envelopes each with its own key, and an accordion heart-shaped letter inside. A little late, but I like to think of it as a nice farewell to February.

No comments:

Post a Comment